Editing Terminology Guide
Edith, somewhere in southern Indiana
I’m delighted to have our good friend, independent editor Ramona DeFelice Long, as our Ask the Editor guest today. She’s smart, funny (in that delightful southern kind of way), generous, hardworking, and has a knack for gathering people into the most intriguing of conversations. She’s also a great writer who several of us Wickeds first met at Seascape 2009. Take it away, Ramona!
The Language of Editing
Consider these scenarios:
- You’ve finished the first draft of a novel.
- You’ve completed a short story.
- You’ve run your manuscript through beta readers.
- You’re in the middle of a manuscript and hit a wall.
- You’re considering self-publishing.
- You’re unsure if your 100 pages have enough story for a novel.
- You have interest from an agent and want your MS to be in its best shape possible.
The next sentence for all of these scenarios may be: Now consider…
View original post 909 more words